So… the world’s supposed to end tomorrow. The Mayan Calendar officially runs out December 21st. That’s pretty cool… I guess. Does anyone know what time it’s supposed to end; is there a predicted time? Obviously, I am very concerned about this “rapture”. If you’ve been following us (shame on you if you haven’t) you’d know Jeff is prepared for Earth’s downfall. Many other people have also been facebooking their plans to survive past tomorrow.
I, on the other hand, am taking a different approach to survival: I don’t. I’ve seen enough movies and tv shows to know post-apocalyptic societies suck. The Hunger Games, 28 Days Later, The Book of Eli, Revolution (the first 20 minutes), and The Walking Dead all take place after the world has gone to hell. NONE of them look even remotely fun! All the people are dirty, tired, and hungry. It’s just ruins and desolation as far as the eye can see. Who wants to live there?! I for one don’t want the responsibility and pressure of rebuilding and repopulating the planet. Nope, I’ll have none of that. ”There’s a special rung in hell for people who waste good Scotch. Seeing how I may be rapping on the door momentarily…” I’m going to drink all my booze and wait for the end time to arrive. It’s been nice knowing you all. If your plans are similar to mine, I’m making this post a drinking game! Drink anytime I reference some term for the apocalypse. Rapture. Apocalypse. Rapture. Apocalypse. Rapture. Apocalypse. Rapture. Apocalypse. Rapture. Apocalypse.
One last bit of fun as the end draws nigh! #EndOfTheWorldConfession is currently on United States Trends list. I figured I’d share some since the world’s ending tomorrow and I don’t have long to regret it.
1. I’ve never heard an entire Taylor Swift Song.
2. Same goes for Justin Bieber and One Direction.
3. I’ve never seen It’s A Wonderful Life.
4. I shower naked.
5. I absolutely cannot spell the words: available, convenient, calendar, and definitely (although I did just get that one on the first try. There’s hope!)
6. I’m not going to drink all my booze and wait for the end. However, tomorrow I’ll be at work singing It’s The End of the World As We Know It as often as I can.
7. I’ve never done a tequila shot. (It does not smell like something I want inside me.)
8. I’m insanely proud of the title of this post, most likely way more that I should be.
9. In order to spell “beautiful” in my head I have to spell out like Bruce Almighty “B-e-a-u-tiful”.
10. I’ve broken the first and second rules of Fight Club.
11. I talk to myself WAY more than I probably should.
Share your #EndOfTheWorldConfessions below!